Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday...work

I don't walk about work on here much, but today we had a faculty meeting.  During the meeting much of the focus was on happenings for next school year.  It is really surreal to e to be talking about next year.  That will mark my second year of teaching... technically 1 1/2 yrs.  I am planning on staying at my current school unless the powers that be have other plans for me.  It is exciting and yet, crazy to think about.

In looking at my current position, I have had the opportunity to change things up from what I had previously done.  I find that I love both sides of my job.  They are both very different even though they are both within the area of special education.  My job leaves a lot open for next year as there are plenty of rumors about possible changes within the staff.  With me being certified in both areas, I can be placed wherever they want me to go, but I would prefer to stay in SpEd.

We have a little more than a month left before state testing and this is the first year that I am really excited and stressed about them.  Previously I taught only students that were Portfolio students...this year I have both.  Teaching what I teach has really made me look at the various changes I can see making next year.  I am already planing our certain things as far as how I teach.  This goes with my own assessment of myself and  the changes being made by my school and district.

Again, I won't go too deep into my job as far as my students and other details.  However, I can say that I love what I do, where I am at, and my administration.  They are both first year admins...and they are GREAT!  They are both young (my age) and are progressive in their thinking for education and our school.  I love that they set really high expectations.  They are blunt and to the point, but have the students needs at the heart of the matter.  On the other hand, I am glad I was hired in prior to them coming to my school as I don't know that they would have hired me...just a thought.  Of course, I am not guaranteed a job next year as I am new, but I do have the benefit of working for two entities within the district (the school and pupil services/sped).  Ultimately, Pupil Services makes the call as to who is where...but the principal can make recommendations for their school concerning current staff.

I am pretty much a team player and I follow the law as it pertains to my job.  I think that is a big plus for admins when looking at who is in their schools.  During our meeting today our principal asked us to sign an "intent for next year" for budgetary purposes only.  Of course, I signed mine!  I will be curious to see what "confidential" information gets said in the coming days about who signed theirs and who didn't.

Any who, I need to input some grades and complete progress reports in EASYIEP.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment