Friday, December 31, 2010

Faith and Gratitude with Grace

One of the MANY blogs I read is Life In Grace. I stumbled across it a while ago and fell in love. It is totally something that I didn't think I would like as it is far from anything that I am used to; however, I LOVE Edie (the author/mom, teacher, doctor, Christ-follower, wife, homemaker, etc.). She is so real with who she is and that makes me love her more.

Unfortunately, the Tuesday before Christmas their whole life changed...they lost everything in a house fire (everyone is safe and "not one hair was singed"). This broke my heart. See, she had just finished remodeling her kitchen and getting it "perfect" because they had moved into this house last summer. It was beautiful. But, the reason I am writing this isn't to highlight their pain...it is to highlight her strength. She is so amazing in her faith. Many times I have read her blog and thought, I wish I had that kind of faith in that situation or She is such a great, strong female. This tragedy that she has encountered has really highlighted how much faith she really has. Her God is forever faithful...even in the midst of a house fire and the loss of everything.
I long to have her faith. It is amazing.

The other beautiful thing that has come out of this tragedy is that the real world and the blog world has really pulled together for this family. Edie wrote that her community provided a Christmas like no other for her family in just a few days time and a house as well. The blog world provided the news so to speak so that people who "know" the family can help as they see fit. On blogger, The Nester, wrote a post devoted to her and created a beautiful video filled with the lovely photos of Edie's home and such off of her blog. The music on the video is the song Gratitude by Nichole Nordeman. It is a beautiful song and is such a sweet sediment to who Edie really is. After Edie had seen the video she wrote a post on her blog about the events that happened leading up to the fire and the days after, and it was perfect depiction of just who she is and how strong her faith is. She and her family are clinging to the faith and promises of God. The story of Job is the lesson just learned about...then a fire? How amazing! I don't know that I would have that kind of faith.

I do know that I am so weak and He is so strong. My faith is very small and while I am not trying to compare, I am also very envious that Edie has true "blind" faith. It is amazing to see. I pray for this family today as I do not know the pain they are going through, but I know that I can pray to a Father that knows why they are going through it AND He can restore it.

If you get a chance, please read this blog. It is an amazing testimony of faith in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment