Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where have I been?

Working, working , working...and I love every minute of it!

My job (though not the one that I will eventually end up doing) makes me feel complete. I wake up every morning looking forward to going to work. How many people can say that? Yes, I know it is a new job, and once the new wears off...blah, blah, blah. If the "new wears off" and I don't like it then I an in the wrong profession. Nothing with this job is the same everyday...but yet it is. There are the same people at work (whom I LOVE). The same kiddos in the class (whom I LOVE). The same school (which I LOVE). And while the routine is getting in place and it will mostly be the same...every day is new. Just like with life.

I sit here and look at where my mind was a year ago. The place I lived, the friends I kept, the church I attended, the job I held...and it makes me sad and mad to think about it all. Yes, there are times I miss Franklin...it was cute little town and I did make some really great friends. There are times when I miss my old Church (we went back a couple of weeks ago). Again, some really great friends, and I miss my choir family :( . But, it seems like everything I listed up there while things make me happy, those things also make me mad.

I have now moved on to a new school (because I Graduated from one), I decided that I wasn't going to allow people in my life that are fake...I have experienced enough of that, I have a job that doesn't feel like a job and I work with people that I love and feel like I can call friends (yes, they are 100% themselves all the time and in turn makes me a better me because I am myself all the time...they see my flaws and all...it doesn't matter to them because they see their flaws too.) Found a church were I can be me and not feel like I have to conform to whatever it is that "church people" conform to. I love to be social, but I am a lot happier knowing that this small group of friends that I do have are real, and I would rather have them than a large group of fake friends any day.

I am just over all 100% better, happier, loving, different (in a good way) than I was a year ago. Who knew moving would make that happen. I think in our house, we are all happier here than we ever where in Franklin.

*NOW TO BRAG*

My Children are the smartest, best, wonderful, loving, children that you will ever meet...and today I am bragging about how smart they are. At the end of last year they took the State Achievement tests. Well, we got their scores back and they BLEW them out of the water! C scored higher than A, but his scores were high too so it doesn't matter (except if you are an 8 yr old holding it over you older brothers head). I am SOOOOOOO PROUD of them. They are so smart, and they really proved that to everyone with these tests.

*sitting back down now*

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Rachael, this post made me smile :) I'm so glad you are happy! See you guys Saturday!

    ReplyDelete