Thursday, October 13, 2011

Prayers

For privacy purposes those in this post will remain unnamed, aside from one...

A couple of weeks ago some of our closest friends experienced something that one should never have to experience, the loss of a child. It was extremely unexpected as she was just shy of 21 weeks pregnant. I cannot express into words the emotions that have come from this horrific tragedy.

We have a very close, small group of friends. This group is actually really involved in each others lives. This pregnancy was announced to all of us at the same time while on a camping trip this summer. It was excitement for each and everyone of us. We were all excitedly awaiting the reveal of the sex when we got another type of life altering information. This beautiful child was already gone...

After an intense couple of days and a "team" of people at their beck and call, our friends delivered their beautiful little girl, Faith. Then they had to think about the "now what" questions.

I love these people dearly, as well has their baby girl. While my heartache comes nowhere near the pain our friends have felt/are feeling, I am hurting...for them and her.

I have constantly prayed for them since this happened, but especially for my dear friend, the mom. Tears have been shed for them, their loss, Faith, the hope for their future, etc.

Tonight, I sent her an email of things that I felt had been laid on my heart by God. Songs of healing and hope were sent her way, as well as, letting her know that I am here no matter what...or when. One of the songs that has been previously shared with her was Blessings by Laura Story. It is a beautiful song. However, tonight I shared several others, Perfect Peace by Laura Story was one of them.

I feel like there is more I should/could do, but I have no idea how. I know prayer is a way of helping, but part of me wants to take the pain from them...just to give them some relief.

So, early this morning, I am asking that when you speak with your God, please say a prayer for my friends and their beautifully, perfectly made daughter, Faith. I will pray that God will help you to know what their specific needs are.

L, you are truly loved and prayed for!

I leave you with this beautiful song by Brandon Heath- Love Never Fails You



No comments:

Post a Comment