Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Today

Most people are celebrating today... however, I am sad. Parts of my family left today to go to Massachusetts to bury my Mema on Saturday. She died in January, but she had to wait to be buried until the ground thawed. She was cremated and has sat in this house since then.

We stayed here for many reasons, but I didn't think I would be emotional today when everyone left...I am. I figured Saturday would be hard for me. I hope this isn't how the rest of the week is going to be.

My Mema was a great woman and the last of my grandparents alive. Her loss brought many emotions as my Papa (her husband) was like a father to me. He died suddenly in Nov. 2005 from a stroke.

We will be spending the day with other family, but I dreamed about her last night...and I am sad...sort of regretting not going to Mass.

Mema with me and my sisters. Dec. 2011

Mema and I

Mema with her girls and grandbabies

Mema with her girls (me, my sisters, and my mom)

Me and my Papa at my wedding July 1999.


I love and miss them both so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment