Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sometimes...

*This post is a rant and completely random. It is just for me to get off of my chest.*

Sometimes, I wish strength wasn't a trait I possessed. I don't mean physical strength, but emotional strength. I have had to have strength about so much in my life that it becomes overwhelming.

I know that most see it as a good quality, but sometimes I wish that others didn't see/know my strength. I wish that sometimes I could just be a girl and cry. Sometimes, I just want to not carry the burdens of others...another trait I sometimes wish I didn't possess. Not because I don't want to, but because sometimes I overwhelm myself and forget about me.

Sometimes I want to be able to get so mad that I hate people (only for a second). Sometimes, I want the world to stop just so I can cry in that moment. Sometimes...sometimes...sometimes.

You know, strength is only as good as it is in that moment. Strength is relative. Strength means so many different things to so many different people.

Sometimes I want to just say what is on my mind to the person it is meant for, instead of being afraid of hurting them...or them hurting me back.

Sometimes, I want to actually feel the love that others say they have for me. Sometimes, I need to be held/hugged/loved on/kissed without being the one to initiate it. Sometimes, I want to quit, but I can't...too many people depend on me.

I often think about how blessed I am...as many others do not have the things/people that I have in life. Then, I think that I am selfish in wanting certain things.

Sometimes, I want to runaway from it all...

I guess sometimes is not going to happen...

2 comments:

  1. I can relate, although in the last few months I do cry all the time. Cry with me any time you need to. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....I can join you, Lauren...I am a total crier!!!!

    This is what has been working for me...do you know the prayer to the wound of Jesus? Google it. Then pray it. Give to Jesus ALL OF THIS you wrote...just put it in the wound of his heart, seal it, and let HIM handle it for you. Because you are right...running away is NOT an option. But you are not running alone. Not by a long shot.

    and it is ok to cry. And I will bet if you get a few quiet moments alone...perhaps right at the feet of Jesus...the tears will flow. They are there. They can be healing.

    Pray this.
    I have been...and the tears have stopped.
    Well, maybe some tears...
    but happy ones.

    hang in there
    be patient
    this cross will make you stronger

    ReplyDelete